HOW TO APPLY TO BECOME A PANEL ATTORNEY:
Download and complete the appropriate panel application. Submit a completed application and corresponding attachments: Certificate of Good Standing, Malpractice Insurance Binder, and at least 4 CLE Certificates in the area of law you are joining, to the SCACP office directly or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please Note: Panel attorneys are not employed by the Suffolk County Assigned Counsel Plan, but rather are independent contractors of the SCACP.
Important Application Submission Instructions:
1. Download the PDF to your computer.
2. Open the PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader, not your internet browser (right click -> open with). Click here to get Adobe Reader.
3. Fill out the form in Adobe Reader, when finished - click "file -> save as", and save it to a place you will remember.
4. Attach the newly saved PDF to your email and send completed forms to: email@example.com
The Family Court panel is also subdivided into the West End list and East End list. Again the West End Panel services the Family Court in Central Islip, while the East End Panel services the five eastern towns. There presently is a Regular 18b Family Court Calendar in place for the assignment of the following types of cases:
1. Visitation and Custody, not connected to neglects;
2. Family Offenses;
4. Guardianship matters; and
5. Support and Paternity.